The Citi Prestige Qantas Credit Card
Offering access to a dizzying array of premium benefits, the Citi Prestige Qantas Credit Card allows cardholders to earn Qantas Points on their spending, with 70,000 bonus Qantas Points currently up for grabs. Cardholders can benefit from enticing extras, such as complimentary airport transfers, a Priority Pass with unlimited lounge access, complimentary stays at luxury hotels around the world, and a full suite of insurance covers.
What we love...
New cardholders can earn up to 70,000 bonus Qantas Points simply by spending on their card within 90 days of card approval. This makes a nice change to other bonus points offers that require a minimum spend to activate that bonus point earn. As for everyday Qantas Points earning, the card offers the following earn rate:
- 1.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent on eligible international purchases and selected domestic purchases made directly with a range of major restaurants and restaurant chains, hotel chains, airlines (flights only), travel agencies and travel aggregators.
- 1 Qantas Point per $1 spent on selected domestic purchases made at major petrol outlets, supermarkets and national retailers.
- 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent everywhere else on domestic eligible transactions.
Now to those extras. Hold onto your hat.
- Complimentary airport transfers: This provides the primary cardholder with one one-way airport transfer service per itinerary, capped at two redemptions per calendar year, per card.
- Priority Pass with unlimited lounge access: As a special feature of this card, it provides the primary cardholder with one complimentary Priority Pass Membership, offering unlimited lounge visits.
- Complimentary hotel stays: Available to the primary cardholder, this feature offers one complimentary hotel stay per year at one of the program’s premium hotels around the world. In addition, the cardholder may choose to extend their trip with a complimentary extra night at any hotel worldwide when staying for four consecutive nights.
- Dedicated service: The cardholder can access a personal concierge service 24/7 to request assistance with anything from restaurant recommendations to theatre ticket reservations.
- Complimentary insurance cover: Cardholders can take advantage of travel cover in the form of International Travel Insurance, Transit Accident Insurance and Interstate Flight Inconvenience Insurance. Purchase cover is available through Purchase Cover Insurance, Extended Warranty Insurance and Guaranteed Pricing Scheme.
- Citibank Dining Program: Cardholders can enjoy a free bottle of wine every time they dine at hundreds of partner restaurants and pay with their Citi card, thanks to the Citibank Dining Program. T&Cs apply.
- Golf Privileges: Golf aficionados can tee off around the world with three complimentary green fees at participating golf clubs each year.
- Visa Front Line Access: This provides cardholders with exclusive access to some of the most sought-after events in Australia before they're released to the general public.
- Balance transfer offer: Cardholders looking to pay off existing credit card debt can take advantage of 0% p.a. on balance transfers for 6 months. Any balance left unpaid at the end of this period will revert to the card’s cash advance rate. Also, no interest free days apply to purchases while there is a balance transfer on the account.
What’s not so great...
If you want to take advantage of all those lovely rewards and features, you will need to cover the card’s sizeable annual fee. This fee is not for the faint of heart, but it is worth thinking about the value you will gain from your uncapped points earn and the many extras on offer. You can also add up to four additional cardholders at no extra cost, helping you to earn points faster.
It’s also worth mentioning that although the card offers complimentary Qantas Frequent Flyer membership, cardholders will have to pay an additional annual fee of $49 to enrol in the Citi Qantas Rewards Program – on top of their standard annual fee. Aside from that, pay attention to the card’s high purchase rate, and avoid it by clearing your balance by the due date.
Why should you choose this card?
The Citi Prestige Qantas Credit Card is designed for big spenders who travel frequently and love their extras. It is absolutely packed with features, it offers uncapped Qantas Points earning, and it also has that 70,000 bonus Qantas Points offer with no minimum spend (just one eligible card use in 90 days).
Of course, you need to meet Citi’s eligibility requirements to apply, which include a minimum annual income of $150,000 a year. Approval provides a pretty decent maximum credit limit of $100,000 (depending on cardholder circumstances), and access to more features than you can shake a stick at. Whether the card offers value to you depends on how often you make use of those features, and how much you earn in rewards.
The Citi Prestige Qantas Credit Card provides an abundance of features, with the opportunity to earn Qantas Points on card spending, boosted by a 70,000 Qantas Point bonus offer.