The Frequent Flyer Diners Club Card
A charge card that earns points on the Qantas Frequent Flyer program, the Frequent Flyer Diners Club Card provides uncapped earning with no points expiry. An enticing option for cardholders who want extras, the card also provides airport lounge access, discounted shipping on purchases made in the US, free wine through the Citibank Dining Program and a full suite of complimentary insurance covers.
What we love...
While the standard Diners Club Card earns points on the Diners Club Rewards program, the Frequent Flyer Diners Club Card allows cardholders to earn points on the Qantas Frequent Flyer program directly. With no points cap and no points expiry, the card offers a direct earn into your Qantas Frequent Flyer account at an earn rate of:
- 1 Qantas Point per $1 spent
- 1 additional Qantas Point on selected Qantas purchases
Once you have accumulated enough points, you can redeem them within the Qantas program. If travel is your thing, you could use your points for flights to your next bucket-list destination, or if you enjoy travelling in style, you could use your points to upgrade your flight status to enjoy Business Class or even First Class benefits.
Alternatively, you could indulge in something special from the Qantas Store, such as a new phone or a new scent. Or if you can’t find quite what you want, you could redeem your points for gift cards to use in an array of Australian retailers. Love wine? Check out what’s on offer at Qantas Wine to make the most of your points there.
Of course, there’s much more to the Frequent Flyer Diners Club Card than rewards. As a cardholder, you can also take advantage of the following benefits:
- Lounge Access: The Frequent Flyer Diners Club Card provides access to more than 700 Diners Club Airport and Member Lounges, allowing you to make the most of your travel time either by working or relaxing.
- Diners Club Cellar Door: This feature gives you access to renowned Australian wines at special prices, as well as to some boutique and exclusive selections. There are no obligations, commitments or minimum purchases, and you can enjoy courier service to your door.
- Diners Club Shipping: With the Frequent Flyer Diners Club Card, you will enjoy Free Premium Membership for 24 months to MyUS.com – the largest and most trusted package-forwarding service in the world. You will also benefit from 15% off your first shipment, 10% off all subsequent shipments, and a 10% discount on the Personal Shopper service fee.
- Diners Club Privileges: As a Diners Club Member, you will have access to an array of offers and benefits worldwide including accommodation, dining and shopping discounts. These now include access to the Citibank Dining Program, which provides you a complimentary bottle of award-winning wine when you dine at a Dining Program partner restaurant.
- Complimentary Insurance Cover: The Frequent Flyer Diners Club Card offers travel cover in the form of International Travel Insurance, Interstate Flight Inconvenience Insurance and Transit Accident Insurance, as well as purchase protection in Extended Warranty Insurance, Purchase Cover Insurance and Guaranteed Pricing Scheme. Read the PDS for full details.
What’s not so great...
For a Qantas Point earning card, the annual fee on its own isn’t super high. But, there is a Rewards Fee to cover as well, and if you are not yet a Qantas Frequent Flyer member, you may have to pay a joining fee there too. If you add an additional cardholder to the account, expect another fee on top of all that. Is it worth it? That depends on how many points you earn, and how often you use the card’s extras. Do some calculations to work out the card’s value to you before you apply.
Why should you choose this card?
One important thing to remember with the Frequent Flyer Diners Club Card is that it is a charge card, not a credit card. That means it has no pre-set spending limit – but bear in mind, spending is not unlimited. However, as there is no interest on the card – you pay off your balance each month instead – it can help you to avoid falling into a cycle of revolving debt.
If you’re happy with the way a charge card works, this card could have plenty to offer, especially if you want to earn Qantas Points while enjoying access to the features mentioned above. It is worth pointing out that while Diners Club cards are accepted at more than 15 million businesses and 800,000 ATMs worldwide, they don’t offer the full coverage of say, a Mastercard.
If you want Mastercard acceptance alongside your Frequent Flyer Diners Club Card, check out the Frequent Flyer Diners Club Card + World Mastercard Option.
Offering a number of excellent extras, the Frequent Flyer Diners Club Card provides a great way to earn uncapped Qantas Points day to day.