The Frequent Flyer Diners Club Card + World Mastercard
Providing access to an extensive array of both Diners Club and World Mastercard Privileges, the Frequent Flyer Diners Club Card + World Mastercard is a fantastic option for cardholders who want accessibility combined with extras. Offering charge card flexibility, these cards earn Qantas Points under one Qantas Frequent Flyer account, with no points capping and no points expiry.
What we love...
Before we look at the extras this card offers, let’s first cover its rewards offering. The Frequent Flyer Diners Club Card + World Mastercard provides cardholders with two cards under one account, each earning uncapped Qantas Points that go directly to the primary cardholder’s Qantas Frequent Flyer account. The earn rate is as follows:
- Earn 1.25 Qantas Points per $1 spent on the Frequent Flyer Diners Club Card
- Earn 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 on the World Mastercard
- Earn 1 additional Qantas Point on selected Qantas purchases
Within the Qantas program, you have a wide variety of redemption options. You can redeem points for flights, or you could upgrade your flight to enjoy additional benefits as you travel. You could redeem points for Qantas insurance or Qantas Wine goodies, or check out the Qantas Store for more than 3,000 items including tech, fashion, beauty and gift cards.
Now, let’s talk about those extras.
- Lounge Access: As a Diners Club privilege, this feature offers cardholders free access to more than 700 Diners Club Member and Airport Lounges when they travel.
- Diners Club Shipping: Another Diners Club feature, this offers discounted shipping to cardholders when buying from online merchants based in the US, as well as the discounted services of a Personal Shopper.
- Diners Club Cellar Door: Cardholders can enjoy access to a range of quality wines at special prices, with no obligations or minimum purchases, complete with Australia-wide shipping.
- Diners Club Privileges: Among the exceptional selection of offers and benefits on accommodation, dining and shopping, Diners Club Privileges now provides access to the Citibank Dining Program. This offers cardholders a complimentary bottle of wine when dining at a Dining Program partner restaurant.
- Complimentary Insurance: Cardholders can take advantage of a full suite of insurances on both their Diners Club Card and their World Mastercard. Cover includes International Travel Insurance, Interstate Flight Inconvenience Insurance, Transit Accident Insurance, Extended Warranty Insurance, Purchase Cover Insurance and Guaranteed Pricing Scheme. Read the PDS for more.
- World Privileged Access Program: Offered on the World Mastercard, this provides cardholders with VIP treatment and exclusive benefits at the best hotels, restaurants, events and stores.
- Mastercard Epicurean Experiences: Foodie cardholders can delight in a variety of exquisite food and beverage offers around the world.
- Mastercard Airport Concierge: With this feature, cardholders benefit from first-class service on the ground at more than 450 airports, with options that include having a dedicated VIP Meet and Greet agent escorting them through the airport.
- Mastercard Golf Program: Offering access to some of the most celebrated and legendary golf properties in the world, this feature allows cardholders to get closer to the game like never before.
What’s not so great...
If you want to take advantage of all the lovely extras offered on the Frequent Flyer Diners Club Card + World Mastercard, first check out the card’s annual fee. While it is about standard for a rewards card with this many features, it’s best to calculate the value the card offers you, to then work out whether that annual fee is worth it.
Why should you choose this card?
One thing we should mention is that the Frequent Flyer Diners Club Card + World Mastercard is a charge card. Unlike a credit card, it doesn’t have a pre-set spending limit, and you must pay off your balance at the end of each statement period. To the right cardholder, this can offer excellent flexibility, while avoiding the temptation to let the card balance carry over to the following month.
With a Frequent Flyer Diners Club Card and a World Mastercard under one account, it could be a good option for cardholders who want to use the Diners Club card for the majority of their purchases – to earn more in rewards – while keeping the Mastercard on hold to use where Diners isn’t accepted.
A card duo that really packs a punch, the Frequent Flyer Diners Club Card + World Mastercard offers Qantas Points earning alongside a wide range of Diners Club and World Mastercard benefits.